Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chronic I Seville Modeling Contest 2011

On 10 and 11 December, I was in I Seville Modeling Contest, and the truth is that was very good. I have to thank to the organization, because they had only two months to prepare the contest, and in general I think the result was a good event, with great participation, fantastic works, and a lot of workshops for to make the event more entertaining. We could enjoy high quality works of great artists as Juan Jose Barrena (JJ), Rafa Coll, Pepa Saavedra, Javier Molina (Dragonsland),Roi,  Pedro, Chema or The Cursed Monkeys Fran,  Arsies and Piqui.

Of course, there there were areas for improvement,  as the place, that there were well-conditioned, but it was something small, something that certainly is a good sign because there were more works than the expected. It would also be good to change the lighting of the showcase for natural lights for to see better the miniatures. And finally, it would be to project photos of the winners miniatures or to say the title of the work, because sometimes with just say the name of the winner and the category we did not know waht wokt was the miniature winner.

These are small things I'm sure for next year, witht more preparation time they will improve. The contest was a great weekend for to have a good time with friends, to greet others who I had not seen for some time, and to met more people.  I hope to repeat the experience and that this competition will be performed again the next years.

For my part, I won Gold in the category "Fantasy Figures 30 mm scale" with Boromir, Silver with Nob Ork Komman in category "Science Fiction Figures 30 mm scale," and Silver with Firewarrior Tau in the category "Figures Science Fiction and Fantasy of more than 30mm", so I became very very happy. I also had the luck to win the modelistic Christmas box that was raffled!

Here you can to see pics of the works presented in the contest.




























No comments:

Post a Comment