Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Spectrum 18

I´ve always liked the illustration, and when I was a kid, spent many hours drawing, which I enjoyed very much and I was good. Eventually, I stopped the practice because I started with the modelism and free time I devoted to painting miniatures.

But I still like to see illustrations, enjoy it and even get good ideas for my future works.

About a year ago, my friend Piqui, another big fan of fantasy artwork, showed me the Spectum artbooks, which i didn´t know and after to look it, I did not take long to buy one of them.

Every year, is celebrated a Fantastic Art Show where go the best illustrators in the world as Boris Vallejo, Luis Royo, Paul Bonner, Donato Giancola, Peter de Sève, Sam Weber, or illustrators of companies as DC Comics, Marvel, Pixar, D&D, Games Workshop, etc. Only the best works chosen for the judges are collected and published in a book that is published annually.

With the discovery of the Spectrum, I have gradually been acquiring different types of artbooks, which I like to browse over and over again carefully from time to time.

In this post I want to present the last one I bought, that I received last week: Spectrum 18, which is precisely the yearbook of 2011.

Down you can to see the cover and a demostration video, and I recommend it to everyone who love the illustration.



No comments:

Post a Comment